Recipe by : Chef Praveen, Corporate Executive Chef, Tabla Hospitality, USA
Ingredients - Curry
Preparation Method - Curry
- Add 2 tablespoons ghee in pan on medium heat.
- Once the ghee is hot, add cinnamon stick and bay leaf to it. Sauté for 30 seconds ..
- Now add the ground onion-cashew paste. Cook this for 3-4 minutes.
- After the paste has cooked for 3-4 minutes, add all dry spices – coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
- Also add the chopped methi. Cook the spices with the methi for 2 minutes.
- Then water , salt and let the curry simmer for 3-4 minutes. This will also cook the methi leaves.
- Add heavy cream and mix.
- Add paneer cubes and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- And finally add crushed kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) and sprinkle little garam masala on top.
Ingredients - Paste
Preparation Method - Onion Cashew Paste
- Heat a pan add 1 cup water, roughly chopped onion, ginger, garlic, cardamom pods (I crush them before adding), sliced green chili and cashews.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium heat. Onions will be really soft by then and almost all water would have evaporated.
- Remove pan from heat and let the mixture cool down a bit.
- Grind to a smooth paste using your blender or food processor. You don’t need to add any water here since the mixture already has little water it in and will grind quite easily. Set aside.