This is the first time I cooked a Lamb. I cook non-vegetarian rarely as I’m a vegetarian person. This time I wanted to entertain some of my neighbors.
- Take the lamb chops and let them sit at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Or u can barbeque also.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the lamb chops and season with salt, black pepper (optional), garlic and thyme.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large oven safe skillet.
- Add the chops and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until brown.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for at least 10 minutes for rare, 15 minutes for medium and 20-22 minutes for well done.
- Remove from the oven, let the chops rest in the pan for 5 minutes, now pour the cashew curry on lamb chops, sprinkle some fresh coriander n serve . Accompany with butter or steamed rice,as per your choice.
Share this Recipe
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and roast the cashews in it.
- Roast them with string continuously till it becomes nice golden brown. remove it to a plate and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat another 1 teaspoon of oil on medium heat, add chopped onion, ginger and green chilies.
- Saute them till onion becomes translucent and let it cool down a bit.
- Then grind into smooth paste.
- Also make smooth puree of tomato.
Kaju Curry - Preparation Method
- Now in the same pan, heat remaining 1 tbs of oil and butter on medium heat.
- Once the butter starts to melt, add whole spices. Saute for about 30 seconds.
- Then add onion paste, salt and mix.
- Cook till all the moisture evaporates and it starts to leave the sides of the pan in about 7-8 minutes.
- Mix in turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and kasoori methi and cook for a minute.
- Mix in tomato puree and continue cooking till oil starts to ooze out from the sides and all the moisture evaporates.
- Then add enough water to make a gravy consistency and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cashews and cook for 1-2 minutes. Mix heavy cream and chopped cilantro
- Stir it in and turn off the stove.